As an Unbottleneck contractor, your payment will be processed on a monthly basis. On the final day of each month, we will contact you via email to send your invoice for approval. Once your invoice has been approved and your client’s payment has been received, it will be forwarded to our accounting team. You will be paid according to the terms and rate agreed upon in your contract between the 1st and 5th of the following month. While the payment typically takes 3-4 business days to arrive in your US Wise account after Unbottleneck has authorized it, please note that Unbottleneck cannot control any delays caused by banking holidays or other factors beyond our control.
Unbottleneck uses Wise as our payment platform, and we require all team members to set up a USD account with them. There are several benefits to using Wise:
- You can expect to receive payment in your US Wise account within three business You can expect to receive payment in your US Wise account within three business days from the date it is issued.
- You are able to track your payment’s progress directly to your US Wise account, with access to your tracking link provided immediately upon receipt.
- You have the flexibility to split your payment and send it to multiple accounts if needed.
- You will also have the option to wait and transfer your funds until the exchange rate is more favorable.
We believe that these benefits will help to ensure timely and flexible payment arrangements for our valued team members.
To set up your USD account with Wise, please follow these steps:
- On the left-hand side of your Wise dashboard, click ‘Manage’.
- Select ‘Account Details’ and choose ‘US Dollar’, then complete the verification process.
- In some cases, you may not see your account details, in which case Wise may ask you to verify your account.
- You may be asked to transfer around the value of $17 USD in your local currency for verification purposes. Please note that this transfer is not a payment; the money can be transferred back to your personal bank account once you receive your first payment from us.
- Make sure you have selected “Inside the US” and copy those details. Then, please send them to Charlotte via email at email@example.com
Please ensure that these details are sent well in advance before the end of the month to avoid payment delays. By completing these steps and providing your account details to Charlotte, you’ll be able to receive your payments in a timely and efficient manner.
Once we have authorized payment for your invoice, you will receive an email from ‘Intuit’ with a subject line similar to ‘Unbottleneck LLC sent you a payment for Invoice number 0123.’ You don’t need to take any action at this point. You can simply monitor the transfer and track its progress as you wish.
What is Clockify?
Clockify is a time-tracking software that allows individuals to track their time spent on tasks and projects.
Do I record my hours when I’m doing training and onboarding?
Yes! Even if you are training or looking through onboarding materials you need to track your hours from your first day of work.
Do I pause my Clockify when I go on my break?
Yes – to ensure that your time tracking is accurate and reflects the time you actually spend working. Go ahead and pause your timer when you go on a break or step away and once you are back at your desk resume it again.
To add Lisa to your Clockify account, follow these steps:
- On the left-hand side of your Clockify dashboard, look for the ‘Team’ tab and select it.
- Next, locate the blue button labeled ‘Add New Member’ and click on it.
- In the pop-up window that appears, enter Lisa’s email address (Lisa@unbottleneck.com)
- Once you have filled in all the required fields, click ‘Save’ to add Lisa to your team.
If you know ahead of time that you’ll be taking time off, you can manually add those hours to your Clockify account by creating a project called “Leave”. This will help you keep track of your time off and ensure that your billable hours are accurate. If you are unexpectedly off sick and unable to track your time off in real-time, you can go back and add those hours once you return to work, again using the “Leave” project.
In either case, please be sure to complete the leave form so that we can keep track of your time off and ensure that everything is in order for your monthly invoice. This will help us to accurately calculate your billable hours and ensure that you’re paid correctly for your work.
Encountering challenges and areas for improvement is a natural part of any working relationship. If you encounter a difficulty with your client or a coworker that you can’t resolve directly with them, we invite you to use our candidate support form to reach out to us for assistance.
Please see the link to the forms below and complete them with as much detail and information as possible.
As an independent contractor, you are not entitled to paid sick leave, paid holidays, or paid public/bank holidays. Therefore, any days you take off will need to be either made up later or reflected in a pro-rated invoice. It’s understandable that everyone needs time off occasionally, so please communicate with your client to reach an arrangement that works for both parties in terms of making up the hours or pro-rating the invoice. Once an agreement has been made, please inform us so we can create your invoices accordingly.
As a remote contractor, you are considered a self-employed individual. This means you are responsible for managing your own taxes. Here are some steps that we advise you to take.
- Determine your tax obligations in your country of residence.
- Keep accurate records.
- Set aside money for taxes.
- Make estimated tax payments.
- Consider working with a tax professional if you are unsure of how to manage your taxes.
Unbottleneck is constantly seeking excellent candidates to join our team. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please send the link for them to join our talent community and make sure they include your name in their application. If your referral is hired, you will receive a $50 referral bonus.
- Access to Unbottleneck clients.
- Invoicing and billing compliance support for US clients.
- Access to remote health insurance.
- Direct ongoing support from our client success team for long-term account retention.
- Negotiation support with clients to seek continued long-term retention + account growth.
- 3rd party mediation support if there are conflicts with your client.
- Access to systems and best practices to be successful with your remote client.
- Replacement support including resume updating, coaching, and booking interviews to find new clients if your account closes for reasons unrelated to your performance/ability to support your client.